9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do not overlook the essential roles of the hospice social worker and chaplain! The documentation they provide is crucial in supporting eligibility and Medicare payment. The bereavement care they offer, especially during challenging times, is vital to your patients and families.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify Medicare hospice eligibility requirements and how chaplain and social worker documentation can support hospice admission and ongoing eligibility
- Explain social worker and chaplain requirements for assessments and plans of care, including how their roles support bereavement
- Define the four levels of care and how chaplain and social worker documentation can support each
- Identify assessment tools available to assist with goals and outcomes
- Employ best practices to avoid compliance challenges
The roles of hospice social workers and chaplains are often underutilized and misunderstood. With the increase in hospice oversight through either Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) or state audits, documentation from both social workers and chaplains has become critical in supporting hospice eligibility and Medicare payment. This webinar will cover social work and spiritual care related regulations (which can be frustratingly vague), levels of licensing, assessment guidance, documentation, and how to stay involved when visits are refused. It will also provide suggestions and best practices for using assessments and plans of care as the basis for quality and compliant practices; review bereavement compliance requirements; explain how to strengthen documentation, including through IDG; and assess compliance challenges when social workers and chaplains are unable to make regular visits.
Don't Miss the Other CoP Compliance for Hospice Personnel Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is created for directors of nursing, hospice clinical leadership, chaplains, social workers, quality assurance and performance improvement personnel, intake staff, bereavement coordinators, and medical directors.
- Creating an Effective Hospice POC fact sheet
- HOPE Approach to Spiritual Assessment
- Social Work End of Life Assessment Tool
- Resource links to:
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool (checklist)
- Suggestions to Improve Hospice Documentation (CMS handout)
- Social Work Assessment Notes: A Comprehensive Outcomes-Based Hospice Documentation System
- FACT, A Chaplain’s Tool for Assessing Spiritual Needs in an Acute Care Setting
- Social Work Assessment Notes User’s Guide
- Hospice electronic CoPs and other valuable websites
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.