This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Ensure all team members understand the differences between suicidal ideation and desire for a hastened death and how to appropriately intervene for both. Avoid common errors and learn how to employ the skills indicated by the situation.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss challenges that arise from growing support for “rational suicide” versus following state and federal regulations
- List four potential ethical dilemmas that may emanate from suicidal ideation and planning
- Differentiate suicidal ideation and requests for hastened death
- List five common errors related to suicidal ideation and requests for hastened death
- Apply skills/interventions from two theoretical frameworks to common situations
Is a request for a hastened death the same as suicidal ideation? This webinar will provide an in-depth look at the challenges and solutions related to both requests for a hastened death and suicidal ideation. Learn if you should intervene in the same way and follow the same policy for both. The webinar will also review common errors people make when someone says, “I wish this were all over.” or “When my husband dies, I want to go with him.”
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don't Miss the Other 2021 Hospice Social Worker & Chaplain Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all team members. While time will be spent on counseling interventions, variations that all team members can use will be addressed. Management and leadership will also benefit from this webinar.
- Sample policy/procedure
- Intervention-specific toolkit
- Sample “no-suicide contract”
- Additional slides/handout to use for ongoing staff and volunteer training
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of references, bibliography, and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.