The Dos & Don’ts of Managed Care Contracting
Thursday, August 24, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A universal truth in healthcare is that “fee for service” is falling out of favor with big payers – both government and private. Contract negotiation skills are paramount for survival in the public and private sectors. With the emergence of payment reform such as pay-for-performance incentives, bundled payments, and capitation, new contracts are being initiated with providers delineating payment schedules and expected performance. Providers must know the key elements and steps of successful contracting, including revenue cycles and reimbursement considerations.
This webinar will explain everything your organization needs to know for successful contracting as provider networks continue to narrow, including strategic dos and don’ts to remain financially viable and successful.
- Compliance rules and laws related to contracting
- What third-party payers need, how they think, and their goals
- Your organization’s value proposition and how to sell it
- Key elements of a managed care contracting strategy
- Crucial elements of revenue cycle and reimbursement review for contracting success, financial viability, and network inclusion
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample letter of intent (LOI) for managed care contracting designed to showcase an organization’s value proposition
- Managed care contracting guide
- Resource links: Six Steps to Managed Care Contracting; How to Structure Managed Care Contracts; Reimbursement Methodologies for Contracting; and A 10 Step Contracting Plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for all executive and agency leadership team members involved with strategic growth and planning, including CEO, CFO, DOPCS, directors of managed markets/business development, intake/referral staff, case managers, provider network relations staff, board members and advisors, sales/marketing personnel, business office managers, clinical leadership staff, and medical directors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.