9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Most of us do not come to the hospice setting with the ability “to be” interdisciplinary. Functioning in an interdisciplinary manner is not the normal state of being in healthcare. Likewise, pointing to a room and saying “now go have an interdisciplinary group (IDG) meeting” is often beyond our skillset. This webinar will address the vital importance of achieving a true interdisciplinary way of providing care. It will focus on team meetings that produce improved problem solving, coordination of care, and, as research demonstrates, higher levels of patient/family satisfaction.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Common challenges that interfere with providing true interdisciplinary care
- How the regulations encourage interdisciplinary team functioning, but also create obstacles
- Interdisciplinary team meeting styles, techniques, and strategies
- Three ways to ensure “better meetings” is not equivalent to “longer meetings”
- A three-phase plan to develop high-functioning interdisciplinary group meetings
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Assessment exercise
- Optimal team functioning guide
- Team leadership techniques list
- Guide for keeping meetings on track
- Training materials for current and future team members
- Planning exercise
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of references and additional learning opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all team members, especially those in charge of team functioning and IDG meetings. Senior leadership will also benefit as this information can help raise the bar for creating an organization that is truly interdisciplinary on all levels.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.