Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
One of the responsibilities of today’s volunteer managers is to protect the organization. All personnel, whether paid or unpaid, present a certain degree of potential risk. As “risk managers,” it is necessary for volunteer managers to be effective communicators, program evaluators, conflict managers, coaches, and leaders. However, trying to eliminate all potential risk often leads to boring and ineffective volunteer programs. This webinar will address the volunteer manager’s role in assessing and managing potential risks, and also explore ways to balance risk with creativity and excitement.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Five key areas where volunteer services present potential risk
- A method to determine low, medium, or high risk levels
- Ways to reduce risk levels while maintaining program integrity
- Assessing the willingness of you or your organization to take on various degrees of risk to provide a higher level of care by using volunteers
- Review services you may have eliminated, postponed, or are considering, and how to initiate them with minimal or decreased risk
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample policies that have been reworked to provide higher-level risk management
- Sample position descriptions to demonstrate key risk management features
- Assessment tool to determine your level of willingness to accept risk
- Handout with lecture notes and links for additional learning opportunities
- Guide for creating new programs and services with risk management in mind
- Comprehensive references and additional resources list
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Are Your Requirements Scaring Off New Volunteers?
Ideas for Streamlining Your Onboarding Process"
Thursday, December 12, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This important topic is designed for volunteer managers and other leadership team members involved in, or responsible for, volunteer services. Other team members interested in organizational risk management will also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.