This is a 20-minute webinar.
This complimentary webinar will show you the benefits of the Advanced Palliative and Hospice Social Work Certification. The first and only evidence-based advanced certification for social workers in palliative & hospice care.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
SOCIAL WORKERS WITH THE APHSW CERTIFICATION:
- Achieve a tested and proven competence across the spectrum of hospice and palliative care
- Increase their knowledge of hospice and palliative care by seeking and maintaining certification
- Demonstrate a commitment to their specialty practice by pursuing certification
- Show dedication to professional development in their careers by attaining the credential
- Are assets to themselves and employers; certification is a recognized quality marker by patients, physicians, providers, quality organizations, insurers, and the federal government
Why should you get certified? The APHSW certification demonstrates to patients, their families and caregivers, employers, colleagues, and the public at large that a practitioner has met the highest standards of professional practice and has obtained objective validation of their expertise in providing advanced palliative and hospice social work services.
This webinar will explain what the certification is, including who is eligible, the application process, who is taking the exam, and pass/fail rate. You will learn how it is similar to other HPM certifications. It will also address why hospice and palliative care agencies should support it including:
- Rigorous planning with PSI
- Underscores the value and quality of all IDT members
- Recognizes advanced skills
- Assures public of excellence
- Improves program quality using objective validation
Frequently asked questions will be addressed including how an agency can support this pathway, allow for study time, pay for/reimburse the application fee, review options for multiple applications and discount costs, and how to highlight to the public the addition of the advanced certification as a differentiator.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This complimentary webinar is designed for social workers as well as directors, executive leaders, clinical managers, marketing team members, education personnel, community liaisons, human resources, and hiring staff. Anyone responsible for staff and program development and setting their agency apart from others as an industry leader will benefit from this information.
- Useful website links to the APHSW Certification
- Links to application process and exam prep
- Talking points for providers to use for initiating support for the certification
- Suggestions on how your organization can support your social workers in pursuit of professional development
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.