Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The demand for hospice programs continues to grow due to CMS hospital readmission penalties and patients’ need to receive the right services, including when to transition from home health or home care to hospice. When people transition into hospice, agencies face challenges such as onboarding new staff, providing re-orientation for current staff, and educating the palliative care team.
This webinar will focus on new staff essentials, including the Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Conditions of Participation regulations, hospice philosophy and values, the interdisciplinary team’s purpose, and data reporting requirements. It will also address difficult conversations and identify risks for rehospitalization to improve your organization through patient, staff, and contracted-provider outcomes.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Hospice philosophy and values
- Hospice eligibility, length of stay, and levels of care
- CMS Conditions of Participation – focus on patient care and core versus non-core services
- Regulatory requirements: Hospice Item Set (HIS) and Notice of Election and Termination Revocation (NOE/NOTR)
- Services not covered under the hospice benefit
- Difficult conversations: an easy-access tool to help new staff
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- The Medicare Hospice Benefit
- Hospice Values Competency Grid (novice, proficient, expert)
- Questions About Hospice Care – a caregiver’s guide to selecting a hospice
- Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Grid
- Website links to how hospice works, hospice CFRs, and hospice and respite care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all new staff, education and staff developers, clinical managers and supervisors participating in an onboarding program, clinical staff requiring a refresher, administrators, board members, palliative care staff, transitional care coordinators, all medical directors, and potential home healthcare and hospital administrators interested in starting a hospice program and learning the basics.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.