Thursday, April 2, 2015
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The number one question most volunteer program consultants receive is “How do I get more volunteers?” A great question, yet maybe the first question should be “How do I keep the volunteers I have?” This webinar will answer these questions and more. How do you get volunteers to choose your program over others? How do you ensure a volunteer is a good fit – whether the work is good for the volunteer and the volunteer is good for your program? Also, how do you offer volunteers a rewarding experience that fulfills their goals? Come prepared with questions and challenges!
- The “how to” of finding new volunteers
- Interviewing strategies for ensuring a good fit
- “Aggressive retention” – guiding volunteers to achieve their goals
- Coaching skills for volunteer managers
- Creating effective volunteer support services
- Developing a two-way evaluation process with meaning and value
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- A list of volunteer recruiting and marketing ideas
- “Aggressive retention” forms, samples, and guide
- Volunteer support ideas and guide
- Evaluation forms and samples
- Topic specific resource list
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone needing to know about volunteer programs. Medicare states, “Volunteers must provide day-to-day administrative and/or direct patient care services in an amount that, at a minimum, equals 5 percent of the total patient care hours of all paid hospice employees and contract staff.” Therefore, ensuring that you have skilled volunteer managers is necessary for all organizations.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.