Emergency & Disaster Preparedness Final Rule Update: Hospice & Home Health & Mini Drill
Thursday, January 19, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently finalized a rule for health care providers (including home care and hospice) to establish consistent emergency preparedness requirements, increase patient safety during emergencies, and establish a more coordinated response to natural and man-made disasters.
This program will cover the four core standards that must be met to comply with the new regulations:
- Emergency plan: Develop an “all-hazards” plan based on a risk assessment specific to the location of a provider or supplier
- Policies and procedures: Develop and implement policies and procedures based on the plan and risk assessment
- Communication plan: Develop and maintain a communication plan that complies with both federal and state law. Patient care must be well coordinated within the facility, across health care providers, and with state and local public health departments and emergency systems
- Training and testing program: Develop and maintain training and testing programs, including initial and annual trainings, and conduct drills and exercises or participate in an actual incident that tests the plan
After reviewing these critical areas, the program will include a short tabletop exercise that will reflect each organization’s readiness.
- Finalized CMS regulatory requirements and main components
- Risk assessments
- Policies and procedures
- Testing and training
- Mini drill assessing organization readiness
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Templates for a hazard-risk analysis
- Communications phone book
- Sample evacuation policy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for senior leadership and clinical staff responsible for emergency planning, preparedness, and response.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.