Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
What is your role in providing grief counseling and support? Do you “ensure that bereavement services reflect the needs of the bereaved” as the CoPs require?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain how counseling applies to providing bereavement services
- Differentiate between counseling and therapy/psychotherapy
- “Ensure that bereavement services reflect the needs of the bereaved” from Medicare CoPs
- Apply the Dual Process Model of Grief at admission
- Discuss the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques to address cognitive distortions, anxiety, and grief
- Demonstrate how MI techniques can create realistic, achievable, person-centered goals and plans for the bereaved
- Incorporate easily accessible and user-friendly mindfulness practices in the bereavement setting
- Demonstrate each technique through case studies
There is much confusion between counseling and therapy/psychotherapy. Many bereavement professionals are also uncertain which interventions fall within their licensing and scope of practice. This webinar will clear up the confusion and explore how to translate assessments and risk assessments into methods to “ensure that bereavement services reflect the needs of the bereaved” as Conditions of Participation require. Learn to work through common and challenging situations using counseling techniques from theoretical frameworks such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), mindfulness awareness, and the Dual Process Model of Grief.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for bereavement professionals, staff who provide grief counseling and support, managers, and senior leadership.
- Counseling guide that details each technique and includes specific case example applications
- Discussion guide for use with IDT members to initiate conversations about clarifying the role of bereavement services and the importance of IDT contributions to ongoing bereavement assessments
- Extensive list of additional resources for more information on (and video demonstrations of) specific interventions
- Additional lecture notes
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.