Compliance Series: Part 1: Preparing for the Project: What We Need to Know for Success
Thursday, May 25, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The first step in compliance is knowing the governing rules. This series will begin with an introduction to the Four Faces of Medicare and the Office of the Inspector General. You will also learn about the OIG’s Compliance Guidance for Hospices – the key document that presents the seven elements of a compliance plan that make up The Path of the Prudent Hospice™ (which will be further addressed in Part 2).
- Why do we do what we do? The good and the not-so-good reasons
- Conditions of participation and conditions of coverage – understanding the difference
- The Four Faces of Medicare – what does each monitor?
- The seven elements – understanding the OIG’s recommended framework
- Key communications – must-read information from the OIG
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Resource graphic: The Four Faces of Medicare
- Office of the Inspector General Compliance Guidance for Hospices
- The Seven Elements
- Worksheets: The 28 Hospice Risk Areas
Don't Miss the Other Compliance Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for a team – clinical leadership, human resources, education, QAPI, compliance, and select IDG members.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.