Problems compound when we begin to think, “We need more volunteers…hurry!” The tendency is to rush through the interview, abbreviate the training, and get the volunteers in place! This may cause volunteers to be unprepared, which increases the potential for trouble and dissatisfaction. This webinar will focus on creating prepared and confident volunteers that are ready to take on challenges and clearly understand their role and scope of practice.
Recorded Thursday, June 4, 2015
- Core curriculum with follow-up specialty courses
- Live versus self-study combination models
- What volunteers need to know and what they want to know
- Ideas for creative courses/sessions/trainings
- Ongoing volunteer education
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Core curriculum models
- Format for creating specialty training programs
- List of options for creative learning exercises and experiences
- Resource list for additional learning on these topics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone needing to know about volunteer programs. Medicare states, “Volunteers must provide day-to-day administrative and/or direct patient care services in an amount that, at a minimum, equals 5 percent of the total patient care hours of all paid hospice employees and contract staff.” Therefore, ensuring that you have skilled volunteer managers is necessary for all organizations.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.