Preparing for CAP Reporting & Managing Liabilities
Thursday, January 12, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospices must self-report their aggregate payment limitation (CAP) for the 2016 CAP year by March 31, 2017. Over 10% of hospices are expected to have a CAP liability for 2016 and many others are rapidly approaching the CAP. Additionally, MACs will be updating prior year CAP liability computations soon. This program will assist hospices with understanding the CAP and minimizing interim liabilities. It will also provide guidance on managing and monitoring the CAP and associated liabilities throughout the year.
- Various components of the CAP computation under the streamlined and proportional methods
- Retroactive recalculation of prior year CAPs and associated liabilities will be thoroughly presented to better prepare hospices for increased liabilities or previously unidentified liabilities
- Completion of the 2016 self-report CAP and determination of interim liabilities
- CAP liability payment requirements and options for cash flow planning considerations
- Techniques and other factors when developing an ongoing CAP management program
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Rules and regulations impacting CAP computations
- Simplified CAP directional computation to assist in determining if a CAP liability exists, if the hospice is approaching CAP, or if the hospice is moving from CAP liabilities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators and financial staff, including consultants responsible for CAP reporting or management. The program will also benefit clinical management personnel in understanding the impact of patient services on the CAP and any associated liabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.