Thursday, February 23, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Every management theory sounds great until faced with a difficult personality (patients, families, those we supervise – or ourselves). Everyone is narcissistic or overly dramatic sometimes. Choosing the best intervention becomes easier and logical once we understand a person’s perspective, his/her world view in the moment, and the motivation in the circumstance. This webinar will delve into personality types and disorders – not to diagnose, but to understand obstacles. Learn how people approach problem solving, how an identified “enemy” causes people to recreate the same problems over and over which actually attracts what they fear most, and the best approaches/interventions for specific personalities.
- Defining “personality” as it relates to improving management skills
- Difference between personality type, personality disorder, and personality “features”
- Critical difference between trying to diagnose versus understand
- 10 personality disorders and the “enemy” of each
- The three personality types that are most common and challenging for managers, including specific approaches and interventions for each
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Resources for key topics
- Challenging personalities assessment exercise
- Summary of all 10 personality disorders with related features and the identified “enemy” of each
Don't Miss the Other Hospice Manager Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for all staff and volunteer managers – new, experienced, and those considering a management role. Senior leadership will also benefit from information that can raise the bar for management agency-wide. Although this program is designed for managers, the information on personalities and personality disorders will benefit all team members.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.