Hospice Manager Series: First, Do No Harm! Critical Thinking for Managers
Thursday, February 2, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do you ever feel like you are repeatedly solving the same problems? When people you supervise present questions, do you think, “Why can’t they figure that out on their own?” Do you feel like you have dealt with an issue only to see that it is back – but even worse? How does this happen? Often it’s because we didn’t start by using critical thinking. We spend time solving the wrong problems, asking the wrong questions, and focusing energy in nonproductive ways. This webinar will address how to be a better manager by changing how you think and respond and illustrate how to apply critical thinking to the toughest situations. This session will also cover how to ask better questions; the balancing act between resolving problems for people and empowering staff to find their own solutions; and how to ensure you are solving “the right” problems.
- Critical thinking as it applies specifically to the manager role
- How limited thinking interferes with selecting the best intervention for challenging situations
- How crisis intervention management occurs when critical thinking wasn’t used
- Skills/interventions for asking the right questions and solving the right problems
- Assess and empower staff to become better problem solvers without micro-managing
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Resources for key topics
- Critical thinking assessment exercise
- Checklist for covering all the bases
- Discussion guide for incorporating team involvement
Don't Miss the Other Hospice Manager Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all staff and volunteer managers – new, experienced, and those considering a management role. Senior leadership will also benefit from information that can raise the bar for management agency-wide.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.