Compassion Fatigue: Managing Caregiver Stress
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Hospice staff are experts at helping patients live their best life until they die. They bring light into the darkest of days and help people to find moments of happiness in the midst of sadness. However, they are often not very good at caring for themselves. Hospice staff may feel overworked, tired, and unable to experience the comfort they give to others – compassion fatigue. Managing stress will inspire, motivate, and encourage you to connect to strategies for happiness and fulfillment.
- The difference between burnout and compassion fatigue
- Compassion fatigue warning signs
- Practical ways to manage compassion fatigue
- How to overcome the greatest barrier to self-care
- Five strategies that are guaranteed to start you on the path to greater job fulfillment and personal happiness
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- A worksheet to develop a self-care strategy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains, bereavement coordinators, nurses’ aides, and anyone directly involved in providing patient care.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.