Thursday, August 10, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
CMS, CMMI, and even some private payers continue to develop and implement bundled payment initiatives. Beginning with the voluntary BPCI program and now with the mandatory CJR program and soon-to-be implemented cardiac Episode Payment Models, CMS is encouraging acute-care and post-acute-care providers to work together to improve quality and reduce the healthcare costs. This movement toward bundled payment presents difficulties and risks for post-acute providers, but it can also offer opportunities. By understanding and anticipating market changes, post-acute providers can be prepared to avoid the risks and capitalize on the opportunities.
This webinar will explain key structural and financial aspects of bundled payment programs, identify the risks faced by post-acute providers, and suggest strategies for post-acute providers to remain preferred participants (“collaborators”) in the care bundles and share in the financial benefit derived by providing higher-quality, more-efficient, and cost-effective care.
- Types of bundled payment initiatives
- Explanation of the bundled payment mechanism
- Consideration of hospitals’ criteria for selecting collaborators (e.g., quality and efficiency)
- Opportunities for gainsharing and risks of alignment payments
- Payment waivers (in-kind patient engagement, telehealth, etc.)
- Key aspects of collaborator agreements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Bundled payment collaborator agreement template
- Bundled payment checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit administrators/CEOs and management personnel responsible for strategic planning, finance, contracting, quality, and care redesign.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS