AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Available Tuesday, September 5, 2017 - This is a 60 minute presentation
What?! Pain and symptom management for volunteers? We don’t do that! Actually – you do.
Hospices rely on every member of the team to be the eyes and ears for all patient/family goals. When you consider the short time many hospice patients have with us, it is vital that everyone is constantly on the lookout for potential problems and uncommunicated needs or opportunities. This webinar will provide volunteers with important information about the hospice approach to pain and symptom management. It will reinforce volunteer boundaries and emphasize interventions and insights related to pain control that are vital to the volunteer role.
- Pain and suffering defined
- Two types of pain and possible causes
- Two methods to assess pain, including what to watch for in patients who are unable to communicate
- Common medications, and the challenges faced with managing the side effects of opioid use
- The difference between “addiction” and “tolerance” as well as other common myths and misperceptions
- Six non-pharmacologic approaches to pain management and the role of volunteers
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Additional lecture notes
- Website links for additional learning
- References and resources for key topics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new or experienced volunteers and volunteer managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS