Hospice 101: The Basics for New Staff
Thursday, January 26, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The demand for hospice programs continues to grow due to CMS hospital readmission penalties. It’s a challenge for agencies to meet the demands of onboarding new staff or providing reorientation for other staff. This webinar will focus on the Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Conditions of Participation, hospice philosophy and values, the purpose of the interdisciplinary team, and data reporting requirements. This webinar will help you provide consistent training for your onboarding program. This session will address difficult conversations for new staff and identify rehospitalization risks, with the aim of improving agency, patient, staff, and contracted-provider outcomes.
- Hospice philosophy and values
- Hospice eligibility, length of stay, and levels of care
- CMS Conditions of Participation with a focus on patient care – core and noncore services
- Regulatory requirements: Hospice Item Set (HIS), Notice of Election and Termination Revocation (NOE/NOTR)
- What is not covered under the hospice benefit
- Difficult conversations: a beginning, along with a tool for easy access to help new staff
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- The Medicare hospice benefit
- Hospice values competency grid (novice, proficient, expert)
- Questions about hospice care – a caregiver’s guide to selecting a hospice
- Hospice interdisciplinary team grid
- Links to resources: how hospice works – CMS, hospice CFRs, and hospice and respite care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all new staff in an onboarding program, education and staff developers, clinical managers and supervisors participating in a “blended” onboarding program, clinical staff requiring a refresher, and potential home health care and hospital administrators interested in starting a hospice program and learning the basics.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.