Hospice Manager Series: Pull Your Weight! Maximizing the Role of Everyone on the Team
Thursday, March 30, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The ever-shortening lengths-of-stay dynamic has greatly contributed to nursing stress and burnout. A patient is admitted on Friday and dies on Monday. Is that patient receiving the true biopsychosocial-spiritual care promised? Is the nurse the only member of the team the patient sees?
Interdisciplinary teams are in place for a reason – to ensure holistic care and so that no one team member is burdened with meeting all the needs. This webinar will present ways to address common challenges, examine flexible staffing models (without incurring additional costs), and provide ways to maximize the role of all interdisciplinary team members.
- Importance of maximizing and expanding the time and skills of social workers and chaplains, which includes addressing pain and symptom management (within their scope of practice)
- Counseling/communication approaches that can be used by the whole interdisciplinary team
- Staffing models that go beyond on-call and ensure that even short-stay patients receive the true holistic/interdisciplinary care promised
- The concept of “we are all responsible for all of the goals”
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Resources for key topics
- Discussion guide for staff and volunteers
- Checklist to guide process
- Sample descriptions for the variable staffing roles
Don't Miss the Other Hospice Manager Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all managers, especially patient care managers and senior leadership responsible for patient/family care. Volunteer managers are also encouraged to attend to gain useful, relevant information.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.