Hospice Enforcement Trends: Recent Decisions, Opinions & Other Guidance for the Increasing Scrutiny on Hospice
Thursday, February 9, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
For years, hospice providers were less concerned about compliance and enforcement than their home health colleagues, because hospices were not viewed with the same scrutiny. However, with the growth of for-profit hospice providers and hospice spending, the government has begun to closely monitor hospices. Recent years have seen False Claims Act matters against hospices, additional guidance from the Office of Inspector General regarding potential suspect relationships, and an increased focus on audits.
This seminar will help providers identify areas of concern for hospice compliance enforcement and provide strategies to prepare for and protect against regulatory scrutiny. Learn proactive compliance measures for auditing, monitoring employee education, and areas of identified noncompliance, including overpayments and self-reporting.
- How the growth in hospice use and spending is driving Medicare enforcement
- Why hospice in nursing home relationships are a continued concern for the OIG
- Why the RAC program is a bigger concern
- Hot topics in hospice audits – medical necessity, beneficiary eligibility, and face-to-face
- Using auditing and monitoring to find mistakes before the government does
- Risk areas in facility relationships
- Why educating staff is important
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- CMS, OIG, ZPIC, RAC, and MIC guidance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, nursing directors, compliance officers, billers, auditors, and owners.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.