AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Available Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - This is a 45-minute presentation
They are called “universal” because these precautions should be observed all of the time – everywhere. Universal precautions protect us while doing volunteer work, but they also protect patients with compromised immune systems. This webinar, designed specifically for hospice volunteers, will go through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) standards for universal precautions and hand washing. This information is critical in your work as a hospice volunteer, but can also be extremely useful in everyday life.
- OSHA definitions for bloodborne pathogens
- How germs spread in the everyday world
- CDC standards for universal precautions
- Best line of defense – our skin and hand washing
- Correct glove use if/when necessary
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Additional lecture notes
- Website links for additional learning
- References and resources for key topics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new or experienced volunteers and volunteer managers.
MEET THE PRESENTERS