Taking Volunteer Communication Skills to the Next Level
Recorded January 1, 2016 - This is a 45-minute presentation
Taking Volunteer Communication Skills to the Next Level!
This webinar will focus on skills that allow us to connect more deeply with people who are ill and their circles of support. Join us to learn how to work more effectively in some of the most challenging situations, including:
- Clients who are unable to speak, but have some awareness, (e.g. ALS, stroke, etc.)
- Angry people
- What to do when someone says, “You can’t mention hospice, cancer, or dying.”
- How to maintain personal and professional boundaries when working with complex situations
- Common challenges volunteers face
- Skills, techniques, and interventions to help address challenges and identify opportunities for patients/families
- Being helpful to people who cannot speak
- Techniques to de-escalate angry people
- Importance of maintaining personal and professional boundaries and how to catch ourselves when we are “getting too close”
- Guide for Volunteer Managers
- Detailed handout with additional lecture notes
- Comprehensive list of resources for additional exploration and learning
- Discussion guide to use following the webinar
- Group exercises to use before and after the webinar with debriefing instructions included
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed with volunteers in mind. It will be most useful for volunteer managers, volunteers and others working alongside volunteers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.