Taking Counseling to the Next Level: Applying Techniques/Interventions to Challenging Situations
Thursday, July 27, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospice care involves more than just the patient’s medical condition. It includes their emotional, social, and spiritual health as well. Join us as we expand on the role of social workers and chaplains as counselors. This webinar will employ the counseling techniques and interventions covered in previous webinars and apply them to case examples. It will focus on working through common and potentially challenging situations utilizing counseling techniques from theoretical frameworks such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Mindfulness Awareness, and the Dual Process Model. If you missed the earlier webinars, a summary of the counseling techniques will be included in the handout.
- Review counseling associated with the roles of social workers and chaplains
- Using CBT techniques to address cognitive distortions, panic attacks, and anxiety
- How MI techniques can help create person-centered goals and realistic, achievable plans
- Challenges associated with mindfulness practice and ways to make it more “user friendly”
- Uses of the Dual Process Model for Grief beginning at admission
- Demonstrate the use of each technique through case examples
- The role of chaplains and social workers in pain and symptom management
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Resources for key topics and video demonstrations
- A guide for which interventions work best in specific hospice situations
- Discussion guide for IDT members to initiate conversations and increase social worker and chaplain involvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While this webinar is designed for social workers and chaplains, team leaders, managers, senior leadership, and others will benefit from learning more about how to maximize the full potential of social workers and chaplains.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.