Security & Data Loss Prevention: How to Prepare for Ransomware & Other Cyber Attacks
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Cybercrime is one of the top economic crimes in the world, with cost estimates soon to reach into the trillions. Not only have victim demographics expanded from the large well-known organizations to the small and mid-sized, healthcare providers are now a consistent target. The recent ransomware attacks, and threats of more to come, have raised questions regarding security and available protection mechanisms.
This webinar will review the critical areas of concern within your environment, provide insight, and offer tools to defend against these attacks. It will also focus on recovery and the importance of preparing for data loss.
- Types of security attacks
- Symptoms of an attack
- Common methods used to infiltrate networks
- Importance of a security-minded network design
- Methods to control data flow to reduce risks
- Vulnerable areas and how those risks relate to your environment
- Malware protection mechanisms and deployment
- Monitoring, alerting, and prevention methods
- Impact of data loss and ways to mitigate the risk
- Data restoration methods and the importance of a working data-protection policy
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of trusted online analysis tools
- Reference websites
- General security assessment checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for IT and operations personnel, security and compliance officers, and executives. Although this information is technical in nature, all senior management will benefit due to how the topic relates to risk analysis.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.