My Life, My Choice: Navigating the Challenges of End-of-Life Decision-Making
Decisions based on fear, lack of information, or misinformation can have devastating consequences on those facing advanced illness and end of life. By understanding the legal, ethical, psychosocial, and emotional issues that complicate end-of-life decision-making, you will identify resources and methods to overcome barriers. Improved communication and navigational skills help ensure rights and choices are upheld.
Recorded Thursday October 23, 2014
- Understand and overcome barriers to decision-making in advanced illness
- Techniques and questions to begin difficult conversations
- Explore the transformative process of illness and impact on advance directives
- The emotional, physical, psychosocial, and financial consequences of uninformed decision-making
- Examine personal barriers that may impact the others’ decision-making
- Increase your advocacy with compassionate guidance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of questions to aid with decision-making
- References and resources, including books, articles, and Internet sites
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone who is personally or professionally in contact with individuals and families facing advancing or terminal illness – that means everyone!
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.