AVAILABLE ONLY VIA RECORDED WEBINAR + FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Available Friday, September 1, 2017 - This is a 45-minute presentation
“I realize the people I will be working with are terminally ill, but what diseases and conditions are common?” This webinar will address this question, provide an overview of the most common diseases, and what volunteers may expect. It’s helpful to understand that someone with a lung disease will likely experience different symptoms than someone with certain cancers. The program will also review information about HIV/AIDS (less common today in hospice programs), and provide a basic understanding of the disease to assist volunteers working in end-of-life care. By learning the various aspects of diseases, you will be better equipped to help families and patients manage changes and promote comfort.
- National data related to hospice admissions by disease category
- The critical nature of determining life expectancy related to various diseases and conditions
- Top four diseases seen in hospice programs
- HIV/AIDS and the historical connection to universal precautions in healthcare
- Volunteers’ role in addressing various aspects of diseases
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Additional lecture notes
- Website links for additional learning
- References and resources for key topics
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new or experienced volunteers and volunteer managers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS